Winglica - Aerandria Community
November 24, 2014, 04:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

This Month: Goal: $30
Donations: $5 Thank you!
News: Check out our "Free For All" Roleplay Scheme! Check it out here! - http://winglicans.com/index.php?topic=5363.0

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naruto VS. Bleach  (Read 1997 times)
Ichigo Neko
Wingli-ninjas
3rd Pchan Guild

Glomp Meter: +63/-8

I CAN MAGICALLY CHANGE MY AVATAR IN AN INSTANT

« on: June 10, 2009, 03:08:11 AM »

I was thinking about this not too long ago. The two series could be classified as similar to each other but I'm sure both are very different is some way or another. Bleach fans tend to gnaw on Naruto fans and Naruto fans tend to gnaw on Bleach fans. But... who deserves the gnawing more? XD I'd reckon that both of the series' fighting scenes are awesome.

For me, I lean towards Naruto mostly because it's what basically got me into anime. XD Also, from what I've seen, it has more 'emotional' scenes than Bleach. And I'm a sucker for tear-jerkers in anime. XD But seeing as I've only seen about 2 episodes of Bleach, I might be wrong. x_x;

I had intended to make this post longer but bleh. Also, I apologize if something like this has already popped up... So what do you guys think? ^^

Why yes. Ichi IS a Pokemon Master ftw! D<
« on: June 10, 2009, 03:08:11 AM »

AnimeDudess
Winglica Moderator
3rd Pchan Guild

Glomp Meter: +68/-21

Another word for idiot, three letters - YOU! XD

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:17 AM »

BLEACH DAMMIT. Angry Of course, more of you know Naruto more than Bleach, so you're probably all going to choose Naruto. =__= Naruto is also older than Bleach, as well as longer in terms of both anime (if you count the two Naruto series as one) and manga.

Not that I don't like Naruto anymore, but the anime... well I just couldn't watch it anymore. I dunno why. Part of the reason was the fillers, though of course I could have just skipped. I am still stalking the manga though, and a lot has happened recently. o_o;

But I just find Bleach better than Naruto. I'm not sure why. Both series' fighting scenes are pretty cool, the plots are interesting, and characters are equally annoying and entertaining. Emotional scenes? Well, Bleach isn't so emotional at first but later on in the series, you'll find many deep and moving scenes. Naruto also have deep emotional scenes though.

Guess one thing is that Naruto has WAY too many fillers. Bleach really only has two major filler seasons and some pointless episodes. But at least the two major fillers that pretty much took over two seasons were entertaining. The Naruto fillers are pretty much pointless 95% of the time. I'm certain the manga is well ahead of the anime now, so anymore fillers and those who still bother to watch Naruto Shippuden will go mad.

Perhaps in terms of character development, Naruto pretty much only focus on the major characters -  Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. There are others, but they're normally only shown in the anime fillers or aren't shown much. Bleach's character developments are pretty much shown in many characters and are more, well, interesting. They play bigger roles in the Bleach plot than Naruto's ones with their plot.

Speaking of characters, I guess Naruto doesn't seem to give much focus on the other characters besides the main ones, whether they're the good or bad guys. Bleach, on the other hand, do let us see more of the side characters and let them be more involved in the major plots.

I know this point is useless, but the Bleach dub is a lot better than the Naruto dub. XD Yes, they are both made by VizMedia and are both not as good as the Japanese, but Bleach's dub is more bearable and suited than Naruto.

Another pointless point is the art. I just like Bleach's art better. The only complaint I can think of is that Tite Kubo makes some characters too skinny. >.> And the heights that were mentioned in a Bleach data book seem off. e.f. Soi Fon is only 150cm, Orihime looks way taller than me yet is 156cm. Naruto is more realistic, but for some reason I don't like art so much sometimes.

ANOTHER pointless point are the songs. XD I like the Bleach opening/endings more than the Naruto ones, as well as the OST music that occurs in the anime.

I find Bleach funnier. Yes, Bleach and Naruto have their serious moments, but I find Bleach more comfortable and comical.

I basically have little reasons why I like Bleach better than Naruto. But I just think Bleach is better than Naruto. XD I saw Naruto before Bleach, but as soon as I started Bleach and went further into the series, I pretty much abandoned Naruto altogether. Sweatdrop

Thanks, almighty Syra-sama! <3 Yush, I am teh Winglican Stalker Dog! Hear me sing: I like to move this move this. I like to - MOVE THIS! XD
Ichigo Neko
Wingli-ninjas
3rd Pchan Guild

Glomp Meter: +63/-8

I CAN MAGICALLY CHANGE MY AVATAR IN AN INSTANT

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:15 AM »

*chuckles* I knew something like that would come from you. XD And, with what you've said, there are some things there that I agree with. I don't know about the OPs/EDs being better in Bleach, though. Both are awesome. D:<

Why yes. Ichi IS a Pokemon Master ftw! D<
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:15 AM »

Toaster
1st Pchan Guild

Glomp Meter: +17/-3

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »

I'm more partial to Bleach myself, although I don't have even less basis for my decision than AD did. Could it be that I just prefer guys dressed in black to orange? xP

But seriously, Naruto never really drew me in. Bleach drew me in right away whereas the couple episodes of Naruto I watched didn't really make me want to watch more. And I do agree that I like Bleach's art more than Naruto's.

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't worth noticing.
aquaice
Nitohei - 2nd Guild

Glomp Meter: +0/-0

In the land of twilight under the moon...

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »

I vote Bleach since Ichigo is much more than a typical shounen hero than Naruto.  Ichigo has more personality and more familiar with the audience. He's a brother, a classmate, and a friend. (And he reads Shakespeare)  Naruto might have its tearjerkers, but that's been done before and the series has been pretty predictable after Sasuke left.

Siluna
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »

I don't really have a preference between the two, but I will agree that Bleach does a better job on character development on both sides.  As for Naruto, I would argue that it now focuses more on Sasuke and Naruto with Sakura falling into the background.  Also with Bleach, you know Aizen's goal, but the story keeps you on your toes because you're never quite certain what he has planned.  With Naruto, you know what motivates Madara, but you don't know why he's gathering the bijou or at least what the purpose is.  And yes, Naruto is going in a mostly predictable direction.  However, I think Naruto's journey and some of the unique situations that the characters find themselves in is what keeps it interesting. Smiley

The Doctor
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »

Are we talking here about the anime, right?

Because on that matter, Bleach as an anime is better developed than Naruto, less silly fillers, better music, decent animation.

But as a manga, Bleach is, sorry to say it, dissapointing.  Eternally carried battles, misuse of characters, poorly building of the main character  (Naruto doesn't far too much better, though)

Now, I'll probably get in trouble here, seeing I haven't seen a mention to the series whatsoever in this forum, but One Piece does, in every term (except maybe character design) leave both series far behind. One Piece rlz!
AnimeDudess
Winglica Moderator
3rd Pchan Guild

Glomp Meter: +68/-21

Another word for idiot, three letters - YOU! XD

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 12:21:32 AM »

Well, we're pretty much talking about Bleach and Naruto in general, or overall.

I guess I do kind of agree with you there. I've actually stopped watching the Naruto anime, I just couldn't take it anymore. >__> But I think both Bleach and Naruto are doing well in the manga, though I don't regularly read them. I just hop in whenever something major happens.

And One Piece is awesome. XD Though I'm quite far behind in both anime and manga, so I don't really plan on reading/watching it anytime soon. x___x

Thanks, almighty Syra-sama! <3 Yush, I am teh Winglican Stalker Dog! Hear me sing: I like to move this move this. I like to - MOVE THIS! XD
Siluna
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »

I guess I should clarify that I was talking specifically about the manga in my first post.  I don't watch Naruto unless it's to see my favorite scenes animated or to watch Ten Ten and Temari battle (which is is the only battle that I wish the author drew instead of skip).  Bleach I watch with a friend and he does his best to skip them.  Although one filler did get past him, but it was so nicely intergrated (not perfect, mind you) into the storyline that was no wonder it got past him.  Overall though, I think a single season of nothing but fillers is ridiculous.
persons
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:33:42 PM »

For me, Bleach was much more enjoyable, but only in the beginning.  I liked the first 60-something episodes of Bleach (first arc, maybe?), but then everything started to drag. 

Naruto took a while longer for me to like, but i'm still following the story (well, sometimes!) whereas i'm not following Bleach at all unless something exciting happens.

soujiro_10
Wingli-ninjas
Gunsho - 7th Guild

Glomp Meter: +3/-1

dont let the smile fool you

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 02:10:55 AM »

Bleach...the characters in bleach is easier to relate to.... I have a hard time watching naruto.... The only problem with bleach is the development ofcharacters .... Like isshin,urahara ..... They are a mystery until now ilove the animation in bleach .

........ Smiley don't let soujiro's smile fool you
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: