Winglica - Aerandria Community

Winglica is BACK!

Offline Jasmine

Winglica is BACK!
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
Everyone! We are back! *confetti confetti*

This forum is currently hosted in a new server so we are in a testing stage as of the moment. You can do what you usually do in here but if see any bugs in the process, please PM us or reply on this board ASAP so we could attend to it.

Also, this new host will cost us a bit so we would really appreciate any donation you could give us *bows*

Don't forget to give Licorne big hugs, bishie sacrifices, free mangas and truckloads of chocolate since I had to drag her here from Aerandria to help with the technical side. XD So go and give her your ultimate affection!!! XDD
pffft... I need my tea!

Re: Winglica is BACK!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 02:44:40 AM »
I can't upload an avatar. Of any sort. The site continuously tells me it 'Isn't Writable.'
Mynsey? Oh,  she's a vile, disgusting beast that I've only ever read about.

Offline Jasmine

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »
Oh hello!

Well, we really don't allow uploading avatars to the server for lesser bandwidth usage. We do allow direct linking from some other site. :)
pffft... I need my tea!

Offline Mirai^

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
*licks Winglica* It tastes funny. D:<

I just wanted to give a few image/file hosting links for those who have trouble finding a decent file host. 8D
* Photobucket
* Tinypic (better than photobucket!)
* Fileden (for misc files :D)
Licorne: I DON'T SEE ANOTHER WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jasmine

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:49:05 AM »
Hello everyone!

FYI - the method for uploading avatars via the forum should be working by now. :D

If anyone experiences problems, please don't hesitate to tell us.

pffft... I need my tea!

Unicode (UTF-8) Character Encoding
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 10:01:36 PM »

If I missed the thread dealing with this, then please ignore this post...

Not to pester you about this, but I thought it'd be more convenient if the character encoding of this forum, or it's database, or both, was upgraded to Unicode (UTF-8).  This would let the use of characters other than basic Latin -- those of ascii code above 127.

Though I see the pages charset is ISO-8859-1, yet when I first attempted to register to this forum I entered my name with a Latin small letter e with acute (ascii decimal code 233), but the system returned an error saying something like "database error"!

Many thanks in advance.

Offline Jasmine

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 01:30:51 AM »
Thanks petalo!

I'll discuss this with Licorne (fellow admin) and we'll see about it ^^

pffft... I need my tea!